- This event has passed.
Puerto Rico Intro to Plant Based Living – an interactive wellness/cooking experience!
October 20 - October 25
PUERTO RICO has remained open, safe and gorgeous!
To celebrate Puerto Rico’s ongoing ability to host travelers safely, we’re excited to be there with you later this Fall! Travelers from inside & outside the US must arrive on a Covid-Tested Flight. Please stay up to date on the latest CDC requirements for travel.
To further insure guests’ comfort and fun we will have in the kitchen – we are limiting our group size for this escape and have secured an incredible, totally private lodge (with two kitchens!) as well.
We know, transitioning into a healthier way of living can seem overwhelming when you try to do it on your own. You feel like you don’t have the right tricks, tools or community to keep you going. It seems like such a big project and oftentimes not sure where to begin.
This interactive, playful escape is the key! Our vision for this retreat is to offer you information & tools you can use to transform your life IN and outside of the kitchen, remove blocks and challenges quickly, create an environment where you can relax, learn, elevate, heal and celebrate life through movement, incredible plant based meals and like minded connections. Gain simple skills to take home & feel empowered moving forward in your life – well beyond our week together.
Rediscover the joy of being in your body, enjoy hands on play in the kitchen & space to ask questions igniting your own health journey. This is an interactive wellness experience on how to uplevel the vibration of your life, maximize your energy, nourish yourself from the inside out; feel amazing. Lets just say – plant based living made easy!
We will start each day with mindfulness & movement – followed by breakfast, and an intimate cooking class or nutrition workshop. After lunch there is free time to enjoy a dip in the oceanside pool, take a restorative walk on the beach, paddle, surf, snorkel in the crystal clear waters, ask Liz and her team anything, or simply rest in your beautiful room. The afternoon offers a restorative movement class geared towards relaxation, followed by a nourishing dinner, time to connect and/or an optional evening activity.
Maria’s is an exclusive waterfront location on the gorgeous Maria’s Beach in Rincon, Puerto Rico. Featuring crisp white linens and beautifully appointed rooms (private and shared), this villa, complete with two kitchens, is the perfect setting to stretch the summer and enjoy some hands-on learning too! Just steps from some of the best surfing around, our home base features high definition satellite television, A/C and ceiling fans, internet access, washer/dryers, hot tub poolside, half bathroom and outdoor shower.
This retreat is all about the food – how to transition, what plant based eating is, tips and tricks, time to ask questions and get your hands in the mix too! The kitchen is open and our goal is that when you leave this experience you not only feel amazing but you take home a bag of tricks to make living your best life easier too!
SURROUNDING AREA & TRAVEL
Located on the west coast of Puerto Rico, the coastal town of Rincon is the center of surf culture. Rincon’s El Faro lighthouse, is one of the only two observation parks for whale watching in the whole world, offers a stunning view of the Caribbean ocean and is a short walk from the Villa.
The town of Rincon offers fine dining restaurants, shops and the services our tourists need, including medical services. In spite of its distinctions, Rincon retains a rural charm. It is also an excellent place to snorkel when the surf is small. Beach activities include surfing, stand up paddle boarding, kiting, and snorkeling.
FITNESS / MINDFULNESS / MOVEMENT / YOGA
A daily meditation and yoga class will be offered at the start of the day in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students’ needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice.
*Participation in classes and activities is optional throughout the retreat. All levels welcome!
DETAILS & PRICING
- 6 days / 5 nights ( October 20-25 2021)
- All Inclusive Private Room Retreat Price = $ 2950.00
- All Inclusive Shared Room (2 beds) Retreat Price = $2350.00
Retreat Deposit = $1000.00
- – Final balance is due August 25, 2021
- – Please read the “just so you know’s & Just in case’s” in our Terms & Conditions
- Accommodation (spacious bedrooms each w/ private bathrooms)
- Daily maid service
- Daily meditation
- All meals; Farm to table – plant based
- Daily movement / Fitness sessions
- Daily interactive cooking classes
- Daily nutrition lectures / workshops
- Takeaway recipes, tips and tricks
- 3 fresh, plant based meals per day, including snacks and juice
- One 30 min zoom before the retreat to discover goals and one 30 minute zoom follow up session (post retreat) with Liz!
- Optional one day off site activity in nature
- Access to our retreat venue’s amenities including hot tub, oceanside pool, kayaks, masks and snorkels
- Evening programs
- Live music
- Washer and dryer access
- BQN [Aguadilla] Airport shuttle to Maria’s Beach
- Taxes* airfare & transfers not included ** All meals are vegetarian. Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
- Airfare & (San Juan Airport) transfers
- Massage services
- Alcoholic beverages
Other optional services in the area: Full service spas, kayaks, paddle boarding, surf lessons & rentals. If you are looking for something special please let me know and I will source the best options for you!
– 7:00 am: Meditation / movement
– 9:00 – 10:00 am: Breakfast
– 11:00 – 12:00 pm: Free time
– 12:00 – 2:00 pm: Cooking Class / Nutrition Workshop
– 2:00 – 3:00 pm: Lunch
– 5:00 – 7:00 pm: Restorative Movement
– 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Dinner
– 8:30 – 10 pm: Optional evening activity or general relaxing 😉
- Rincón, Puerto Rico
- Nearest major airports: Aguadilla [BQN] or San Juan
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you:
- Travel insurance
- Bathing suit (on-site pool/hot tub/beach front!)
- Comfortable shoes (hiking & walking)
- Yoga clothes & mat
- Lounge/comfy clothes
- A good book / journal