John Muir was onto something when he said, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks” and by now, Vermont in September, you know you are going to get some unparalleled views as we hike, but along with those views come an abundance of mental and physical perks too, Check out a few below, read on to what the Huff post has to say and then JOIN US your mental and physical health is just a click away – when you are with us at TRUE NORTH we hike EVERYDAY!
- Just one hour of trekking can burn well over 500 calories
- Logging cardio in the form of hiking can lower blood pressure by four to 10 points
- Reduce the danger of heart disease, diabetes and strokes for those at high-risk,
- Raise your your mental attitude as you chat with your fellow hikers, laugh as you walk; yeah! Hikers are happier 😉
- Being in nature stimulates creative thought & problem solving – you find your TRUE NORTH
- MORE GOOD NEWS : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/how-taking-a-hike-can-mak_n_5584809.html
- THE BEST GOOD NEWS? SEPTEMBER 19-24TH 2017 We’re excited to hike with you!
- All ages & ability levels welcome.